The last thing that people want to have is something wrong with their roof. This is mostly due to the fact that getting a new roof installed on your home can be pricey. However, there are times that your roof can sustain water damage just like any other part of your home that leaves it weakened and unable to provide shelter fro your home against the elements. If your roof has sustained water damage, there are likely some signs that point in that direction. Skyline Designs Roofing & Restoration is here to talk about what these signs look like so you can get your water damaged roof fixed as soon as possible, if needs be.
What Happens when Water Gets in Your Roof?
You should be looking for these signs that point to water damage on your roof.
– Shingle Damage: If there are any shingles that are starting to curl on the edges or showing signs of buckling, it can be a big problem for your roof. When there is water damage, this is one of the most common signs you will be able to easily see.
– Ceiling Discoloration: When water is trickling in your home from your roof after a storm, it can start to manifest on your ceiling. You may notice that a water ring may start to appear on your ceiling which can be a big indication that you have a water damage problem.
– Mold in Attic: Anytime there is moisture, there is the potential for mold to start to grow. You may notice that there is mold growth in your attic when this happens. If you have mold in your attic, work quickly to get rid of it as this can be a health hazard.
– Flooded or Rusted Flashing: For those of you that don’t have an attic to go and check, you may want to pay close attention to the flashing on your roof. If it is starting to become loose or looks like it is rusting, it can be a sign of water damage.
– Missing Granules: Another problem that is quite common with asphalt shingles is missing granules. This is never a good sign. If you notice that the shingles have bare spots where there are no more granules to be seen, it’s time to call on the pros to come and take a look.
Emergency Roof Repairs & Roofing System Replacement & More in Conroe, Pasadena, The Woodlands, Pearland, Sugar Land & Houston, TX
There are many reasons your roof can become damaged with water. You should be looking for any signs that point in that direction to save your home from sustaining significant water damage that can be costly to repair and restore. If you have found that any of the above signs pertain to your roof, you need to call on Skyline Designs Roofing & Restoration to come and take a look. We specialize in emergency roofing repairs that will ensure your roof is equipped to provide the protection your home needs from the elements. Call us today!