There are many homeowners that are starting to weigh the pros and cons of using solar to give their home the power it needs. This is a big decision that offers you the ability to rely less on the power that is supplied through the city. However, a big question for many homeowners is whether or not they need to replace their roof before the solar panels are installed on their roof. Skyline Designs Roofing & Restoration is here to talk about whether or not it is a good idea to get a new roof before you get solar installed on your roof.
Why Replacing Your Roof Might Make Sense Before Installing Solar
As many people make the move to solar, there is one glaring question, “should I replace my roof first?” This is big one too. The last thing you want to do is have solar installed to find out that you need to replace your roof for one reason or another. Here are some of the reasons it may make sense to get a new roof before you have solar installed.
– You may find that the savings that you see in electricity will help you counterbalance the cost of a new roof. The savings that you see from turning to solar will really start to add up over time. The longer you have solar, the more you will save. This can help balance out the cost of a new roof as well.
– It may make more sense to consolidate the solar installation with getting a new roof. These are two huge projects that could be combined into one.
– With both solar and a new roof, you will be able to enjoy the benefits of these two project for decades to come. When you properly maintain your roof, it can last up to 30 years before it needs to be replaced.
– You can avoid uninstalling solar a few years down that road to get a new roof installed. While it can be done, it will always cost more to do it this way. If your roof is on its last leg, you definitely want to have it replaced before you put solar panels up there.
– When you do both of these projects at the same time, you can streamline your financing to include them both much of the time. This can be helpful when it comes to coming up with funds for the projects.
Roof Inspection, Emergency Roof Repairs & Roofing System Replacement & More in Conroe, Pasadena, The Woodlands, Pearland, Sugar Land & Houston, TX
If you’re thinking about getting solar panels installed on your roof and are questioning whether or not your roof can handle it, you can turn to Skyline Designs Roofing & Restoration to come take a look. We will be able to tell you if your roof can handle the weight of solar panels on it as well as what kind of condition your roof is in. If your roof only has a few more years in it before replacement is needed, you can count on us to do a total roof replacement for you. Call us today!