No one wants to think of the roof on their building of their commercial establishment failing. As expensive as it can be to replace a commercial roof, letting a roof that is dire need of replacement go can end up costing considerably more if there is damage to the building as a result. If the roof of your commercial building needs to be replaced, there will likely be several signs that indicate it. Skyline Designs Roofing & Restoration is here to share some of the main signs that are usually present when a commercial roof is in need of replacement.
Common Commercial Roof Leaks & Other Problems
It is important that you are aware of the signs of a bad roof when you have a commercial building you are keeping maintained. If you notice any of the signs listed below, it is time to call on a roofing professional to get to the bottom of the problem before your building is damaged.
– Age of Commercial Roof: You need to know how old the roof on your building is. The average commercial building can count on the roof lasting for about 25-30 years. If the roof is getting close to that 25 year mark, you need to start keeping a close eye on things.
– Loose Roof Shingles: The shingles on your roof shouldn’t be loose. Not only that, but you shouldn’t see granules on the ground after a big storm. If you notice that you have any loose shingles, it’s time to see if only a few shingles need replaced or the entire roof.
– Saggy Roofing Spots: Finding sagging spots on your ceiling is never a good sign. This means that water has gotten into the building somehow and you have sustained water damage somewhere. Sometimes a musty smell can accompany sagging spots as mold can quickly start to grow where there is water concerned.
– Increased Heating & Cooling Costs: If your roof is ill-fitted or not in good condition, it can allow hot and cold air to leak from your home. This will cause a rise in heating and cooling costs.
– Bubbles & Blisters on Roof: If you get up on the roof and notice that there are bubbles or blistering spots on the roof, it means that the materials underneath have been compromised. This usually points to roof replacement rather than repair.
Emergency Roof Repairs & Roofing System Replacement & More in Conroe, Pasadena, The Woodlands, Pearland, Sugar Land & Houston, TX
As much as no one wants to replace a commercial roof, if you see that there are warning signs, you should avoid ignoring them. If you ignore them, you will end up facing even higher costs as you will be required to make other repairs throughout the building. At Skyline Designs Roofing & Restoration, we offer roof inspections to help you decipher whether or not you are in need or roof repair or replacement completely. If you need a new commercial roof, there is no one you can trust more than Skyline Designs Roofing & Restoration. Call us today!